ID: 1041 Effectiveness of human adipose-derived stem cell therapy pretreated with hepatocyte growth factor in liver fibrosis mouse model
Background: Adipose-derived stem cells (ADSCs) have the potential therapeutic impact on the liver fibrosis. Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is pivotal for damage repair with its anti-apoptotic, anti-fibrotic and cell migration-promoting effect. In this study, the therapy with HGF-pretreated hADSCs was expected to enhance the therapeutic effect in the amelioration of liver fibrosis compared with untreated hADSCs.
Method: HGF-hADSCs were prepared by culturing hADSCs for seven days in the medium added HGF.
HGF-hADSCs transplantation was performed to investigate the therapeutic effect of these cells on carbon tetrachloride (CCl4)-induced liver fibrosis in a mouse model.
Results: After seven days and fourteen days of cell transfusion, HGF-hADSCs ameliorated the liver fibrosis. The results showed the attenuation of the liver injury (ALT level), the down-regulation of procollagen-1 (7 days, 3-fold; 14 days, 6.7-fold) and alpha -smooth muscle actin (alpha-SMA) expression (7 days, 10-fold; 14 days, 2-fold), and the histological improvement. Notably, there was the significant difference in the procollagen-1 between HGF-hADSCs and untreated hADSCs groups. Thus, the therapy with HGF-hADSCs was more efficient in the liver fibrosis treatment compared with untreated hADSCs.
Conclusion: HGF pretreated hADSCs have a potential therapy in the treatment of liver fibrosis
2. Kim, M.-D., S.-S. Kim, H.-Y. Cha, S.-H. Jang, D.-Y. Chang, W. Kim, H. Suh-Kim and J.-H. Lee (2014). "Therapeutic effect of hepatocyte growth factor-secreting mesenchymal stem cells in a rat model of liver fibrosis." Experimental & molecular medicine 46(8): e110.
3. Neuss, S., E. Becher, M. WÃ¶ltje, L. Tietze and W. Jahnenâ€Dechent (2004). "Functional expression of HGF and HGF receptor/câ€met in adult human mesenchymal stem cells suggests a role in cell mobilization, tissue repair, and wound healing." Stem cells 22(3): 405-414.
4. Truong, N. H., N. H. Nguyen, N. T.-K. Nguyen, H. M. Le, G. H. Tran, N. Huynh and T. Van Nguyen (2014). "Establishment of a standardized mouse model of hepatic fibrosis for biomedical research." Biomedical Research and Therapy 1(02): 43-49.
5. Ueki, T., Y. Kaneda, H. Tsutsui, K. Nakanishi, Y. Sawa, R. Morishita, K. Matsumoto, T. Nakamura, H. Takahashi and E. Okamoto (1999). "Hepatocyte growth factor gene therapy of liver cirrhosis in rats." Nature medicine 5(2): 226-230.
Volume & Issue : Vol 4 No S (2017): Abstract Proceeding: International conference INNOVATIONS IN CANCER RESEARCH AND REGENERATIVE MEDICINE 2017
Page No.: S 119-120
Published on: 2017-09-05
Copyrights & License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- HTML viewed - 1894 times
- Download PDF downloaded - 879 times