ID3020 Stem cell transplantation for incurable diseases in children
Background: Stem cell transplantation has been widely performed to treat many different diseases in adults. However, its indication is still limited in children. Since 2014, we have been doing stem cell transplantation for various incurable diseases in children. The aim of our report is to evaluate safety and efficacy of stem cell transplantation for incurable diseases in children.
From 2014-2017, stem cell transplantation has been performed for different conditions including :
- Cerebral palsy due to oxygen deprivation, cerebral palsy related to neonatal icterus , Cerebral palsy after meningitis/encephalitis , cerebral palsy after brain trauma ,
- Brain damage due to drowning
- Liver cirrhosis due to biliary atresia
- Bowel and urinary dysfunction after meningocele repair
- Brongchopulmonary dysplasia
- Intestinal neural dysplasia
There were no death related to stem cell transplantation. No severe side effects occurred. Early outcomes are promising.
Conclusion : Stem cell transplantation is safe and effectiveness in treatment of different incurable diseases in children
Volume & Issue : Vol 4 No S (2017): Abstract Proceeding: International conference INNOVATIONS IN CANCER RESEARCH AND REGENERATIVE MEDICINE 2017
Page No.: S32
Published on: 2017-09-05
Copyrights & License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- HTML viewed - 2257 times
- Download PDF downloaded - 986 times